What is True Order Edit?
Without creating a duplicate order (default Magento creates separate orders), this module allows administrators to quickly edit Magento orders, eliminating the source of many syncing issues between Magento, CSRs, fulfillment systems, credit card processing and accounting.
How it Works
With True Edit Orders, you can quickly edit billing and shipping information, shipping methods, item price and tax class, update item quantity, and add or remove items directly from the Order Details page. Depending upon your credit card processor, the module even provides the ability to re-auth if the edited order total exceeds the original total.
For each edit, the module automatically creates a note detailing the changes made, appends the CSR's name, adds a date / time stamp, and allows room for an optional comment.
- NO EDITS OR MODIFICATIONS TO MAGENTO CORE (Typically, this includes all code inside the app/code/core folder)
- No conflicting modules (or conflicting custom code) installed (Typically, if installed component/module affects same functionality as True Order Edit--order-editing related, you should be wary of conflicts)
- Community Edition 1.4.1 - 22.214.171.124
- Enterprise Edition 1.8 - 126.96.36.199
Before you Install
As with all our modules (and all modules in general), installing this module directly and solely in a live environment is strongly discouraged. It is recommended that it be installed in a development environment, configured, tested, and then deployed to your live environment through your deployment method of choice (i.e. - git, subversion, etc...). If this is not possible, then the next best thing would be to make a FULL backup before installation.
As with all our modules (and all modules in general), installing this module while compilation is turned on is not recommended. Please turn off compilation before installing.
Installing on Magento
You will have to rename/remove two template files BEFORE installation:
Renaming them to something like items-old.phtml will do the trick. Without moving/removing these files, the Magento Connect Installation will fail.
Installing the Basic Application
Navigate to the root of your application. You should see folders like (app, downloader, skin, etc...). You can either install this manually or via Magento Connect. To install Manually, unzip the module Tar and then copy/paste to the root of your folder.
To install using Magento Connect, go to System -> Magento Connect -> Magento Connect Manager. Click on Browse, then click on the module and install. This will automatically install the product for you.
Backwards Compatibility (as of 2.0 - if you have a version lower than 188.8.131.52)
The following MUST be renamed (To replace the current files) to enable True Order Edit to work any magento version below 184.108.40.206 (It's been tested down to Magento 1.3):
True Order Edit also has a few settings (as of 2.0) that allow you to control how it behaves over your entire application. To access these settings browse to System -> Configuration -> True Order Edit (On left side). Once there, you should see something like the following:
If you're seeing a blank page instead, you may need to refresh your admin.
The breakdown is as follows:
- Enabled: Allows you to disable or enable the entire output of the module. Other methods using the module's xml file aren't as comprehensive because of the overwritten templates to accomplish the changes to the order view.
- Re-Authorize Payment?: This selection allows you to set whether True Order Edit re-authorizes the payment that was already made. You enable this if you have your payment processor and fulfillment process setup to handle a new authorization before shipments are sent. Some setups do not allow this because they "authorize and capture" at the same time. In that case, a new authorization wouldn't do anything so it's recommended that it be disabled for customers with that sort of setup.
- Order status allowed to be edited: In previous versions any order was allowed to be edited, however, some orders (depending on your setup) should not be. This allows you to select one or more order statuses where the edit button should even appear.
So you've gone through the installation. Now, let's give you a tour of how to use True Order Edit from the admin. The Order View is arranged in sections, as seen below. With this module, Billing Address, Shipping Address, Shipping & Handling Information, and Items may be edited. The new Order View page includes a section wise edit links All you need to do is click that link that particular section will become editable and once you are done with editing click the save link and that will get saved in database .
- Billing Address: This section contains the order's Billing Address information, including tele- phone number. To edit this section, simply re-key values or select from the dropdown lists.
- Shipping Address: This section contains the order's Shipping Address information, including telephone number. To edit this section, simply re-key values or select from the dropdown lists.
Shipping & Handling Information: Current rates for an updated shipping address are displayed here. If no new selection is made, there will be no modification to the shipping method or order price. If a change is required, simply select the radio button indicating the desired change. Also, as of 1.0.2, a custom shipping field is also added to allow you to enter a custom shipping carrier, method, and price (can be useful if no other table rates are setup).
The 'Get new shipping methods and rates' link will retrieve current shipping rates, based on the information in the Shipping Address fields.
This function retrieves rates based on the values which exist in the Shipping Address text boxes, rather than the order's saved Shipping Address. It is recommended to retrieve new Shipping Methods and Shipping Rates if the order's Shipping Address has been updated.
Items: There are three operations available with Product updates: Edit, Delete, and Add. When Editing or Adding an item you can change the price, quantity, or discount the item.
- Editing: Edit a product's price directly on the line item. Simply type the desired value for that product.
- Deleting: Click the 'Remove' link at the right of the line item. When an item is marked for deletion, the details will be grayed out. To keep a product that has been marked for deletion, click 'Undo Remove'.
- Adding:Adding is really simple all you need to do is select your desired products from Product grid and press Add to orderGrid button it wil add to order item grid there you can make your desired changes as well.Grid provide the search facility on sku and productId as well to filter out products.
- Comments History: The module tracks order updates, appending changes. Comments record changes, date and time stamp, user making the change, and the original values which were updated, as seen below:
Create Additional Editable Sections (If you've added any)
If you desire to add other sections to the Order View, the True Edit Orders module allows additional custom sections to be added relatively simply. Each section includes an updater file that handles its own saving. The procedure of creating a new section are as follows:
- Create an updater file. The existing files are located in app/code/community/TinyBrick/ OrderEdit/Model/Edit/Updater/Type/. Included are an abstract class to extend, as well as existing updaters to serve as reference. These files return true if there is no error, or, if you require your updater to log changes to the comment section, return a string including the changes. If an error is thrown, it should return false.
- Once an order is edited, the module fires and event called orderedit_edit. You may create custom listeners for purposes such as merchant services or fulfillment systems.
- Re-Authorizations - If you choose to enable Re-Authorizations in the True Edit Order config settings, please be aware that this is new functionality that has not been enterprise tested. You're welcome to try it, but don't be surprised if it doesn't work for situation. Un-expected results can occur. Also, check with your gateway provider first to find out how they handle re-authorizations. Our module will simply re-authorize with the same payment method (magento default - $method->authorize()) as the original order.
- Re-Calculate Shipping - If you choose to enable Re-Calculate Shipping, be aware that most shipping methods are not set up to calculate based on an "Order", rather they are set up to calculate based on a "Quote" like during checkout. We include the flatrate method. Custom rates can still be entered.
- Adding Products to Orders - Products can only be added to orders via a simple SKU.
- Editing Customer Account Info - While Billing and Shipping info CAN be edited, customer account info like Name and Email cannot.
- Inventory - Adding or removing items does not adjust the inventory level of those items.
- MageWorx - Multi Fees - There is a conflict with this module that will not allow you to save. It interferes with our Shipping section of the module.